Top six goalkeepers in football history
The ability to make saves and keep clean sheets has always defined goalkeepers. The following are the top six in football history.
1. Lev Yashin: He remains the only Ballon d’Or winner in football history. He was awarded the Ballon d’Or in 1963.
2. Gianluigi Buffon: He is football’s second best goalkeeper. The Italian goalkeeper won the World Cup in 2006. In his football career, he has 420 clean sheets.
3. Iker Casillas: The Spaniard is the third best goalkeeper in football history. During his playing career, he kept 439 clean sheets. He played for Spanish heavy weight Real Madrid from 1999 to 2015, keeping 264 clean sheets.
4. Oliver Kahn: From 1994 to 2008, the German goalkeeper played for Bayern Munich. During this playing time, he featured in 630 games and kept 247 clean sheets.
5. Manuel Neuer: In his career, the German goalkeeper has kept 327 clean sheets. He has been with Bayern Munich since 2011.
6. Sepp Maier: The German goalkeeper spent his entire career with Bayern Munich, from 1962 to 1980.