Manchester City (Premier League Champions) will aim to close the seven points gap when they welcome Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium by 20:00 GMT.
It can also be noted that Liverpool are yet to loss a single match after playing 20 league games. A victory at the Etihad Stadium will see the Merseysiders extending the point gap to 10-points.
Below are some Important Facts to Note About the Two Clubs;
It can be gathered that some facts from their previous history of meetings.
1) Manchester City have won only one of their last 11 meetings with Liverpool in all competitions.
2) Liverpool have only won one of their last nine league visits to the Etihad Stadium.
3) Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has lost more matches against Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp (seven) than he has against anyone else in his managerial career.
4) Man City have won their first Premier League match of the calendar year in 11 of the last 12 years, the only match the lost was in 2012 away at Sunderland.
5) Liverpool have won only five of their last 17 matches in all competitions in January.
6) Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero has scored in all six of his home league appearances against Liverpool (six goals), the best 100% rate of home games scored in by any player against any opponent in Premier League history.
7) Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in five goals in his last four games against Manchester City in all competitions (three goals, two assists).
8) With his hat-trick against Arsenal last time out, Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino became the highest scoring Brazilian player in Premier League history (43 goals). He’s been involved in six goals in his seven Premier League games against Man City (3 goals, 3 assists).