Is Davido The Biggest Nigerian Artist Right Now?
Davido is having a great year already.
He won MTV EMA for best African act and dropping back to back hits, Davido might arguably be one of the biggest Nigerian acts to make a name for himself internationally. Not only is he touring worldwide, but Davido will be gracing the stage at this years HOT 97 Summer Jam.
Although he comes from a very wealthy background, the music star has earned his success due to hard work, determination, and his love for music.
8 facts about Davido that you might not know are shown below:
1. The Nigerian music star now has over 10 million followers on Instagram, making him the first Nigerian artist to have such a high social media following.
2. His father Elder Deji Adeleke is a Christian Elder, serial investor and businessman. He is also the founder of Adeleke University, Osun State with a net worth of $700 million.
3. Davido has two daughters Imade and Veronica.
4. His mother Veronica Adeleke died when he was only 10 in March 2003. She was a professor at Babcock University.
5. He started off as a “backup” for rising rapper Sina Rambo. He then started a group with B-Red and Rambo called KB International.
6. Davido is also a record producer. Producing hits for the likes of Tiwa Savage, Sauce Kid, Skales and Naeto C.
7. He is worth $16 million.
8. Just in 2017 alone, Davido received 39 awards. Two including MTV Europe Music Award as Best African Act 2017 and MTV Europe Music Award for Best Worldwide Act 2017.