Etonko Youth Week 2018: Day Two – ‘Evil Of Petting’ | Speaker: Ufot, E. E. (Min.)
Day Two Of Etonko Youth Week 2018.
YOUTH WEEK, A PROGRAMME ORGANIZED BY CHURCH OF CHRIST 25 ETONKO ST CALABAR, ON NOVEMBER 19-21,2018.
THEME: GODLY RELATIONSHIP
TOPIC: EVIL OF PETTING.
TEXT: 2 TIM. 2: 21-22.
During and at the end of this lesson my audience will be able to:
1. Appreciate what is petting and the evils in it.
2. Know how to overcome this youthful lust.
Petting is the most common form of youthful lust. The Bible admonishes Christians youths to “flee also youthful lust,” because of its sad consequences.
Why does the Bible call it youthful lust? This is simply because lusting starts at the time of our youth. If left unchecked, it will produce undesirable fruits in the long run.
1.WHAT IS PETTING?
Petting is actually a term that covers a broad range of sexual behaviours including, kissing, deep kissing, caressing of a lady’s breasts, stimulation of a lady’s clitoris or masturbation – the stimulation of of a man’s penis, sucking of genitals as well as running one’s hands all over the the partner’s body to arouse pleasure.
This act of petting is sexual in nature and a part of the sexual relationship of intimacy called foreplay.
2. PETTING IS SINFUL OUTSIDE MARRIAGE
The Bible teaches us that God designed sex and sexual intimacy including intercourse for man’s blessing and enjoyment in addition to procreation. The Bible in 1 Cor.7 : 1-2 says “. . . It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.” The Bible in the above scripture is firm in its teaching that sexual intimacy and sex are confined to marriage, where two people are committed to one another, and be satisfied together (Prov. 5: 15-20).
When you engage in sex outside marriage, you are sowing seeds of immorality. You are well aware of the the law of harvest. At the future time, you will reap chaff instead of plenteous Blessings from God. Your harvest will cause you shame.
The Bible is explicit on this law of harvest. “Be not deceived, God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he reap. For he that soweth to the flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption, but he that soweth to the Spirit shall reap life everlasting” (Gal. 6:7-8).
3. ARE WE SAVE TO TEST THE PLEASURES OF THE WORLD?
When you feel testing the worldly pleasure is save, do not forget what happened to DINAH, a daughter of Jacob and Leah(Gen. 30:21). We are told, she “went to see the daughters of the land.” Most of us feel like DINAH that going outside the confines of our Godly household to feel the pleasures of the world around us is fun, but as it happened to DINAH, it was the greatest mistake of her life. She was ravished by Shechem and he defiled her (Gen. 34:1-7). The consequences of the pleasure she went to seek was devastating as a whole city was destroyed. My brothers, please be very mindful of your actions because what you may feel as fun may destroy the lives of others.
4. EVIL OF PETTING
1. To be sure petting is evil, it is done in secret or in darkness, outside the knowledge of your parents. Fear is the product of the devil’s manipulations. Anything offered by the devil is evil(Prov. 2: 12-19).
2. Petting justifies sinful practices as an alternative to purity God expects of us (2 Tim. 2:21-22).
3. It causes rape.
4. Petting leads to premature pregnancy and abortion.
5. It leads to lost of focus and interest in education or career as well as in the things of God (Prov. 3: 1-10, 1Cor. 7: 23).
6. Petting rubs youths of God’s expected holiness in body and in spirit(1Cor. 7: 34).
7. It pollutes the overall sanctity and moral purity of the church(Eph.5: 27).
5. HOW TO OVERCOME PETTING
If you heed the following advice of the Wise, you will overcome this sinful practice.
1. Do not despise the chastening of the Lord (Prov. 3: 11-12, Hebrew 12: 5-6).
2. If sinners entice you, don’t consent (Prov. 1: 10).
3. Don’t allow any person to touch or fondle your genitals.
4. Stop spending time alone with the opposite sex. This will lead to greater physical intimacy, which will eventually lead to holding hands, touching, embracing, kissing, deep kissing, caressing, fingering, sucking and by this all your defense have been broken down and you helplessly surrender to his demands for sex. Be warned!
5. Girls, beware of the lies guys will tell you about how they dying for you, and all such stuff. No one is dying for you, all they want is to make you vulnerable for sex.
6. Don’t keep late nights for whatever reasons. Anything can happen in the dark.
7. Don’t want to be like world. You are a Christian, maintain purity and be selective of those you call your friends. Bad friends may encourage you to engage in petting that it saves and pleasurable. Yes, it is pleasurable, but they don’t tell you of the sad consequences.
8. Study and obey God’s Word. It is the only true light in this dark world.
9. Attend worship service and Bible studies regularly.
10. Be a model in Christian living, and always honour God with your body. God said I will honour those who honour me (1Tim. 4: 12, 1Sam.2: 30).
Apostle Peter says, “But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation(living), Because it is written Be ye holy for I am holy.” May God help us to understand what is holiness and also maintain it in our lives in Jesus name. Amen.
For enquiry contact:
UFOT, E. E. (MIN)