Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cultism
Cultism is a spiritual or religious practice. A secrete cult is an organization of which people come together to pledge their allegiances under an oath and have a social bond of commitment and dedication for the good of the organization. They carried out their activities or meetings when people are not aware of especially during the odd hours and far away from residential areas.
ACTIVITIES OF CULTISM
1. Torture: Gen. 6:9, 2Thess. 1:9, Col. 3:25
2. Advanced fee fraud
3. Making of painful inscription on the bodies of new members. Lev. 19:28, 1Cor. 3;16
4. Ritual practices
5. Murder: Ex. 20;13, Rom. 13:9
6. Drinking of human blood and urine Gen, 9:2-4
7. Taking of hard drugs
8. Holdings meeting in an unconventional place such as cemetery, forests, river sides.
9. Indecent dressing and greetings
10. Intimidation of others
11. Armed robbery
12. Sexual assaults
WHY DO PEOPLE JOIN CULTISM?
1. Quest for power and Revenge (Rom. 12:19, 1Pet. 3:9).
2. Popularity and Wealth (Col. 3:2, 2Pet. 3:10, Matt. 6:19-20).
3. Search for responsibility (Col. 3:23-24).
4. Search for satisfaction of ones aspirations and needs (Heb. 13:5-6).
5. Search for security (John 10:28-29).
6. Search for social identity (Eph. 2:10. Luke 9:23-27).
7. Frustration (John 16; 33, Rom. 5:1).
8. Force membership (Isa. 41; 10).
CAUSES OF CULTISM
1. Parental and home background.
2. Societal decay.
3. Emotional sickness. (Prov. 4:20-22, James 5:6).
4. Peer group influenced. (Prov. 1:10-15, 13:20, Isa. 40:29).
5. Inadequate religious and moral education.
CONSEQUENCES OF CULTISM
Societal, individual and spiritual consequences
1. SOCIETAL CONSEQUENCES
a. Loss of innocent lives
b. Destruction of valuable properties: cult members always prone to destroying valuable properties in the society.
c. Increase in crime rate: cult activities bring about increase in crime rates.
d. Increase in violence: youths who become cultist do not value human life.
e. Bad image: cult activities brings bad image to the society.
CONSEQUENCES ON INDIVIDUAL
a. Death: some kill on the basis of supremacy and revenge.
b. Destruction of health: cultist involved in different forms of drugs abuse
c. Poor academic behaviour; they performed poorly in school
d. Bad reputation: Cultists have a bad reputation where ever they go.
e. Lack of peace: they lack peace as they are always on the lookout for rival cult groups
f. Shame and embarrassment: cult involvement brings shame and embarrassment, pains to the parents, family.
a. Cut relationship with brethren, Christ and God
b. It attracts Gods divine punishments… Jude 7.
c. It causes spiritual death…Ezek. 18:4
d. Loss of eternal life…Gal. 5:19-21
THE WAY OUT
1. Proper campaign on the negative effect of cultism
2. Effective security in schools and society
3. Good parental upbringing
4. Severe punishment for cult members
5. Avoidance of bad company
6. Dwell with the word of God always Col. 3:16
8. Keep your plans of breaking away secrete and involve law enforcement agency
9. See a counselor
10. Fear God and keep His commandment Eccl. 12:13
Cultism is one of the major vices confronting the society, church and families. The activities of this cult groups have cause the deaths of many (members and non-members inclusive). Therefore refrain from these activities and embrace Christ through renouncement of membership.
Say no to cultism…
God bless us!